Ready, RESET, reinvent: the emerging trends in business, tech and design.
• Capitalism is evolving. People are becoming increasingly conscious and hyper-aware of how their purchases affect others and earth’s resources. The COVID-19 pandemic has only accelerated this trend as the crisis reshapes our priorities.
• Growth for profit alone will fade away as people demand products and services that are personally meaningful and socially and environmentally beneficial.
• The widespread reliance on digital solutions to accommodate customers left homebound by the pandemic may pave the way for greater adoption of even more innovative technology.
• The focus of design is transitioning from “me” to “we.” Design will shift to cast its net beyond the end user alone, pivoting from user-centered design to design for all life.
• Brands with a long-term, forward-looking view that care for the planet and people -and the causes that matter to them- will emerge as winners.
(Each year, Fjord -Accenture Interactive’s design and innovation practice- crowdsources trends for the coming year from its global network of 1.200 creatives in 33 studios. With new studios opening across Latin America and Japan, this year’s Fjord Trends are the most closely connected yet, telling a comprehensive story about our landscape and what’s coming next).